develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from June 2008

Re: How to hide the source of pm files using pp

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
June 5, 2008 02:16
Re: How to hide the source of pm files using pp
Message ID:
4847AEE5.4090702@sneakemail.com
Hi Henry,

Henry Wu wrote:
> I am building an exe file using pp  -f Bleach -f Obfuscate -o abc  abc.pl
>
> I found that only abc.pl 's source was hided, all .pm files that
> abc.pl used are still in clear txt in the extracted directory
> I want to hide some of the my .pm  source files that used by abc.pl as
> well .  How do I do that ?

The short answer: Don't do that.

The long answer: If you must, you can use the -F (big F) option to pp.
See perldoc pp.

Trying to hide your source code is not really reliable. If anything, you
should use PAR::Filter::Crypto, but that's hard to set up -- and it is
for a reason. (See docs of Filter::Crypto for a discussion.)

Best regards,
Steffen