develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from May 2008

problem with POSIX package and par

From:
Scott Stanton
Date:
May 29, 2008 01:03
Subject:
problem with POSIX package and par
Message ID:
94511A2526233044AC4E4C278B80B3BA0184F19D@IRIS.electric-cloud.com
I have a trivial program test.pl:

use POSIX qw(strftime ceil floor);

I create a par binary like so:

pp test.pl -o test.exe

When I run it, I get the following output:

Subroutine import redefined at POSIX.pm line 21.

Subroutine croak redefined at POSIX.pm line 29.

Subroutine AUTOLOAD redefined at POSIX.pm line 39.

Subroutine DESTROY redefined at POSIX.pm line 80.

I am using perl-5.10.0 built with vc6 on Windows XP, and the 0.980
version of PAR & PAR::Packer.

Looking at the POSIX module, it does define those methods, but only
once.  I wonder if there is some bleedthrough from the bootstrap process
that is causing the module to get loaded multiple times.  This same
program works as expected under perl-5.8.8, so it seems likely to be a
perl-5.10 related change.  Anyone have any ideas?

--Scott