develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from May 2008

format error when trying to use --icon or changing the icon

From:
Brian Mathis
Date:
May 21, 2008 09:05
Subject:
format error when trying to use --icon or changing the icon
Message ID:
183c528b0805210904m45abc514qc0c704e9cb2a0929@mail.gmail.com
Versions:
- Windows Vista SP1 64-bit
- Activestate Perl 32-bit 5.10.1003
- PAR 0.977
- PAR-Dist 0.29
- PAR-Packer 0.977

I'm trying to change the icon in the generated executable.  I've tried
2 methods, each results in the same issue.

Method 1: Using the "--icon" switch on the 'pp' command line.
Method 2: Using "XN Resource Editor" to delete the camel icon and add
my own icon

The issue is that after I change the icon and run the executable, I
receive the following errors (sometimes only a few, other times,
many):
    format error: bad signature: 0x6e6f6973 at offset 3348642 in file ...
    format error: bad signature: 0x20202020 at offset 3348676 in file ...
    format error: bad signature: 0xb94f8f8f at offset 4039742 in file ...

In spite of the errors, the program still seems to work.

Does anyone know how to resolve or quiet these errors?

Thanks,
Brian Mathis

PS. I've also noticed that using the "--icon" switch on 'pp' adds 2MB
to the size of the file.