develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from May 2008

Re: BUG? PAR::par_handle($0) on cygwin

From:
Bob Davis
Date:
May 19, 2008 05:57
Re: BUG? PAR::par_handle($0) on cygwin
Message ID:
4831792C.6010308@bobsbits.net
Bob Davis wrote:
> I have attached a perl program and the exe was created with:
>
> pp -o hello.exe -a parinc/cygrunsrv.exe hello.pl
>
> Put an executable (or any file?) in a sub directory called parinc.
> I tried different file names other than $0 and if didn't seem to make
> a difference.
>
> ./hello.exe                 fails
> hello.exe                     works if on path
> /c/scripts/hello.exe     works
> c:/scripts/hello.exe        works
>
> Also using PAR::read_file works all the time and this is what I use
> instead.
>
> ---------------------------------------
>
> I have:
>
> bob@davisrs/c/scripts$ perl -v
> This is perl, v5.8.8 built for cygwin-thread-multi-64int
> (with 8 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)
>
> bob@davisrs/c/scripts$ cygcheck -c cygwin    Cygwin Package Information
> Package              Version        Status
> cygwin               1.5.25-7       OK
>
> bob@davisrs/c/scripts$ cygcheck -c perl Cygwin Package Information
> Package              Version        Status
> perl                 5.8.8-4        OK
>
> winxp sp3

Addtl info:

Module id = PAR::Packer
    CPAN_USERID  SMUELLER (Steffen Mueller <smueller@cpan.org>)
    CPAN_VERSION 0.980
    CPAN_FILE    S/SM/SMUELLER/PAR-Packer-0.980.tar.gz
    MANPAGE      PAR::Packer - PAR Packager
    INST_FILE    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/PAR/Packer.pm
    INST_VERSION 0.978