develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from May 2008

BUG? PAR::par_handle($0) on cygwin

From:
Bob Davis
Date:
May 19, 2008 05:38
Subject:
BUG? PAR::par_handle($0) on cygwin
Message ID:
483174B1.7010103@bobsbits.net
I have attached a perl program and the exe was created with:

pp -o hello.exe -a parinc/cygrunsrv.exe hello.pl

Put an executable (or any file?) in a sub directory called parinc.
I tried different file names other than $0 and if didn't seem to make a
difference.

./hello.exe                 fails
hello.exe                     works if on path
/c/scripts/hello.exe     works
c:/scripts/hello.exe        works

Also using PAR::read_file works all the time and this is what I use instead.

---------------------------------------

I have:

bob@davisrs/c/scripts$ perl -v
This is perl, v5.8.8 built for cygwin-thread-multi-64int

bob@davisrs/c/scripts$ cygcheck -c cygwin
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
cygwin               1.5.25-7       OK

bob@davisrs/c/scripts$ cygcheck -c perl
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
perl                 5.8.8-4        OK

winxp sp3