develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from May 2008

-clean issue

From:
wil decker
Date:
May 13, 2008 05:23
Subject:
-clean issue
Message ID:
BAY133-W241533D6D1F7EDDBE6F33ABCCF0@phx.gbl
I am trying to use pp to package the VMware::VIRuntimem module into an exe.

I can do this successfully when NOT using the -clean option
below is the complete .pl that I am trying to package
'use VMware::VIRuntime;'

when I package this .pl using the -clean option and run the .exe this is the output and the script hangs

'Subroutine _class_comp_assign redefined at Class/MethodMaker/Engine.pm line 80.
Subroutine _class_comp_options redefined at Class/MethodMaker/Engine.pm line 85.
Subroutine import redefined at Class/MethodMaker/Engine.pm line 149.
Subroutine parse_options redefined at Class/MethodMaker/Engine.pm line 265.
Subroutine parse_v1_options redefined at Class/MethodMaker/Engine.pm line 358.
Subroutine create_methods redefined at Class/MethodMaker/Engine.pm line 515.
Subroutine _find_target_class redefined at Class/MethodMaker/Engine.pm line 700.
Subroutine install_methods redefined at Class/MethodMaker/Engine.pm line 756.
Subroutine warnif redefined at Class/MethodMaker/Engine.pm line 793.
Subroutine check_opts redefined at Class/MethodMaker/Engine.pm line 796.'

below are the options that I use including the -C option

'c:\Perl\site\bin/pp.bat --add=Class/MethodMaker/scalar.pm --add=VMware/VIM2Runtime.pm --link=./keep/libxml2.dll --link=./keep/zlib1.dll --link=./keep/libeay32.dll --link=./keep/ssleay32.dll --output=ESX_CA.1.0.0.exe test.pl -C'

when I DON'T use the -clean option the .exe runs clearly

when I DON'T use the -clean option I can use all the calls that associated with the VMware::VIRuntime module

windows xp service pack 2
perl 5.8.8 ActiveState
PAR-588                      .959
par-dIST                     .21
par-Dist-FromCPAN      .04
Getopt-ArgvFile           1.10
archive-zip                  1.16

when building other scripts(not using the vmware library) i am able to use the -clean option successfully

any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks