develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from May 2008

how to access data files?

From:
Dave Howorth
Date:
May 13, 2008 03:29
Subject:
how to access data files?
Message ID:
48296D6A.1050602@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
My application reads data from some files. In it's original form the
data files are in the same directory as the executable so it has code
something like this:

  open FILE, '<', 'filename' or die "Oops";

When I package it with pp it says "Oops" :( even if I use -c or -x (but
the open is inside a conditional that I don't think is executed by -x).
I've tried using pp -a filename and I've checked using unzip that the
binary archive does contain the file, but the application still says
"Oops". I haven't managed to find anything that explains how the
application can access files that are added to the archive?

Thanks,
Dave