develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from May 2005

Re: Anyone up for a P5EE BOF discussion at YAPC::NA?

From:
Perrin Harkins
Date:
May 12, 2005 11:00
Re: Anyone up for a P5EE BOF discussion at YAPC::NA?
Message ID:
1115920764.14493.28.camel@localhost.localdomain
On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 13:16 -0400, Richard Dice wrote:
> When the schedule was programmed it seemed to me like there were a few talks
> that were P5EE-ish:  See "Perl DateTime Project" and "Managing Email with Perl",
> 3:15pm onwards in the Giovanni room.
> http://yapc.org/America/schedule-2005/day2.html  It's not obvious, but if you
> click on the talk titles you'll get descriptions of the talks.
>
> I grouped these two together one after the other as a kind of thematic nod to P5EE.

I'm also giving a talk about MVC frameworks for web development.  I
think there was quite a bit of material last year too.

> Between the efforts described in those talks and Damian's upcoming "Perl Best
> Practices" book (to be released late summer / early fall), I feel as though some
> slow progress is being made in the general viscinity of P5EE.

Perl Medic is the best book I've read about enterprise perl.

- Perrin