develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from December 2004

POE as application server

From:
Bas Schulte
Date:
December 30, 2004 02:44
Subject:
POE as application server
Message ID:
C234A9A2-5A4F-11D9-A393-000A9591400C@zeelandnet.nl
Hi all,

in my explorations into the world of POE I ran into this:
http://search.cpan.org/~kaare/Business-Bof-0.01

It's an application server type of app that you can call using SOAP
clients.

Found something else here: http://pied.nu/Perl/JAAS

I think this could be interesting as an application server type of
thing.

Anyone care to share experience with these? Or similar POE-based
solutions?

I hope to find some time to put our request-processing apache-based
"app server" (most of the "web" stuff hasn't been compiled in httpd)
code into a POE server, to see how it performs and how the additional
stuff adds value to that picture.

Cheers,

Bas.

ps. I still have difficulties with POE's concepts and naming, hope to
get that down soon.