develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from December 2004

Re: FW: The P5EE dream is alive, was: ping...

From:
Perrin Harkins
Date:
December 9, 2004 08:34
Re: FW: The P5EE dream is alive, was: ping...
Message ID:
41B88AE4.4040605@elem.com
Scott Walters wrote:
> Is the purpose of P5EE to write yet another object framework or is it
> to recommend a standard library of other objects and advocate an
> enterprisish API?

When we discussed this at The Perl Conference a few years back, it was
determined that the only thing everyone there really wanted out of it
was marketing, i.e. they want people to think of Perl as a valid option
for enterprise work.  You are welcome to propose another goal though.

- Perrin