develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from December 2004

Re: PHP is the scourge

From:
Perrin Harkins
Date:
December 7, 2004 19:46
Re: PHP is the scourge
Message ID:
1102438558.4580.8.camel@localhost.localdomain
On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 10:13 -0600, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> I've never written an app for a client that started on one backend and
> moved to another.

I have.  I helped move an app from MySQL to Oracle once.  It took a lot
of work to get rid of mysql-isms, but the DBI code itself hardly changed
at all.  I would agree with the earlier poster that the level of
abstraction DBI provides is really helpful when this sort of thing comes
along.  I suspect Pear::DB is fine for this too.

- Perrin