develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from December 2004

Re: PHP is the scourge

From:
Rob Nagler
Date:
December 7, 2004 12:10
Re: PHP is the scourge
Message ID:
16822.3593.686856.412293@gargle.gargle.HOWL
Dave Rolsky writes:
> I've never written an app for a client that started on one backend and
> moved to another.  I imagine that if this were to happen, it'd be because
> the new backend provided some set of features that were now important to
> the app, and some code changes would be necessary to take advantage of
> this.

We start all projects on Postgres.  When Postgres runs out of steam,
we move to Oracle.  This has happened once, and is likely to happen
again.

Rob