develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from December 2004

Re: PHP is the scourge

From:
Richard Dice
Date:
December 7, 2004 09:11
Re: PHP is the scourge
Message ID:
41B5E413.2030409@pobox.com
Dave,

> I think it does an ok job, but that's not really it's goal.  I also
> don't think this is super important.  You pick a particular DBMS because
> you think it's the right tool for the job.  Only in a few rare cases
> (apps written for wide distribution) is there any reason to consider
> portability across DBMS backends.

Good point.

 From a framework author's point of view, the framework should be able
to work with whatever database the app developer deems to be the correct
one for their situation.  (I believe this is just the logical extension
to what you were saying.)

Cheers,
Richard