develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from December 2004

Re: The P5EE dream is alive, was: ping...

From:
Christopher Hicks
Date:
December 6, 2004 15:44
Re: The P5EE dream is alive, was: ping...
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.61.0412061840040.12235@skippy.fini.net
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Pinda Ndaki wrote:
> You may want to try Maypole from http://maypole.perl.org It's a very
> interesting project.

And even if you don't like maypole for some reason (like it makes your
life too easy or something), Class::DBI which it is based on is very cool
too.  We use Class::DBI inside some Apache::ASP apps we've got and the
combination is very nice.  I'm working on taking some of the glue code
we've developed and getting it onto CPAN, but its pretty easy stuff,
particularly when compared to a variety of other solutions we've seen or
tried.  I looked at WebGUI a few years ago and went "blah", so if its the
bomb I'd love to hear about how.  I don't remember what made me go blah,
but it turned me off enough that I never wanted to try it.

--
</chris>

"Fans of Mozilla's free, open-source Firefox browser make the
ardent Apple faithful look like a bunch of slackers."
- Rebecca Lieb at clickz.com