develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from December 2004

RE: The P5EE dream is alive, was: ping...

From:
David Christensen
Date:
December 5, 2004 21:52
RE: The P5EE dream is alive, was: ping...
Message ID:
perl.p5ee-1298@nntp.perl.org
p5ee:

I've gone around in circles several times trying to find or build a
Perl-based framework for web/database applications (CGI,
CGI::Application, HTML::Template, mod_perl, Mason, Apache::ASP, Moveable
Type, homebrew, etc.; I can't remember them all), but have yet to be
satisfied.  The last time I looked, I found WebGUI:

	http://www.plainblack.com/webgui

I've touched the surface, liked the RAD/GUI experience, and am intrigued
by the claims of OO-Perl design and downloadable/drop-in plug-ins, but
have yet to really dig into it (e.g. by building something non-trivial).
What experiences and/or advice do other readers have with, for, or
against WebGUI?

TIA,

David