develooper Front page | perl.nordic.workshop | Postings from May 2015

NPW + OSDC is over \o/

From:
Salve J Nilsen
Date:
May 11, 2015 21:01
Subject:
NPW + OSDC is over \o/
Message ID:
alpine.DEB.2.03.1505111643150.32043@pvv.org
Hi, Nordic Perl Workshop people :)

NPW+OSDC.no is done!

I'd like to share one thing with you from this event. During the speaker's
dinner we announced that any proceeds (profits) from the conference would be
transferred to the next OSDC.no. We'll most likely be setting up a nonprofit
for this purpose. We're not entirely sure yet how much the proceeds wille be,
or decided on the rules for managing the funds, but we *have* intended OSDC.no
to be a Nordic event, including letting it be organized in other cities - much
like NPW is doing now.

To put it in another way, we've from the beginning considered the .no in
OSDC.no to stand for .nordic, and we have and are prepared to help make this
real.

So, without promising anything *now*, I'd like to propose keeping NPW and OSDC
as "coupled" events. But that would of course only be done if you guys think
this is a good idea. :)

I'm happy to report that Oslo.pm has now organized the 13th NPW; We tried a
bunch of new things, and some of them we were happy with, others less. I'll be
writing up some thoughts about this soon. In sum, I think it went pretty well
(although NPW+OSDC.no was not as big as we had hoped), and now it's someone
else's turn to organize it. :D

So let's look at the NPW history, and consider options.

2015 Oslo
2014 Helsinki
2013 Copenhagen
2012 Stockholm
2011 Malmö
2010 Reykjavik
2009 Oslo
2008 Stockholm
2007 Copenhagen
2006 Oslo
2005 Stockholm
2004 Copenhagen
2003 Copenhagen

What do you think?

- Salve

--
#!/usr/bin/env perl
sub AUTOLOAD{$AUTOLOAD=~/.*::(\d+)/;seek(DATA,$1,0);print# Salve Joshua Nilsen