develooper Front page | perl.nordic.workshop | Postings from November 2013

Re: NPW2014 Helsinki

From:
Salve J Nilsen
Date:
November 30, 2013 19:01
Re: NPW2014 Helsinki
Message ID:
alpine.DEB.2.03.1311301951020.20001@pvv.org
Hi Panu,

Panu Ervamaa said:

> Hi,
> I would like to organize NPW2014 in Helsinki.

I'm looking very much forward to it! :D

> Helsinki.pm has not been active (at all), but it's going to be
> reawakened now. We have a core team of 4..5 committed people (all
> working for same company, including me); that alone might be enough
> staff and resources to run the workshop, but obviously this needs to
> be a community event, and we're just starting to recruit more people
> to volunteer.. and to activate the pm, in general.

Here's my tip: Get going immediately, and invite widely! (Make sure to invite
on relevant places like perlmonks, facebook, linkedin, reddit, meetup and
wherever else you may think would be relevant to reach your audience. Don't
wait; There'll be enough waiting after you start! :)

Also, you might as well have an Act instance set up for you, that you can
point to for authoritative information about NPW. If you're not already signed
up on the act-users mailing list, do it now. <http://act.mongueurs.net/>

Do it now, so your colleagues can start helping you while they are excited
about the project! :D

And finally, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or needs. Claes
has already offered his help, so have I, and I'm sure the others here are also
interested in seeing and helping you succeed reviving the Helsinki Perl
community!

- Salve

--
#!/usr/bin/env perl
sub AUTOLOAD{$AUTOLOAD=~/.*::(\d+)/;seek(DATA,$1,0);print# Salve Joshua Nilsen