develooper Front page | perl.nordic.workshop | Postings from May 2007

Re: Some ideas for NPW2008 in Stockholm

From:
Salve J Nilsen
Date:
May 22, 2007 06:16
Re: Some ideas for NPW2008 in Stockholm
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.62.0705221306560.11951@decibel.pvv.ntnu.no
Lemonnier, Erwan said:

> Hi you all!
>
> Tobias could get us some support from Stockholm's university, a bit like
> the Oslo workshop did. We could probably get access to their conference
> rooms for free/cheap, in exchange for giving the workshop an orientation
> that would interest students and teachers.

That might work very well. If you know of someone working at any of the
uni IT departments there (including at KTH :), then that's even better!

> An other idea would be to make a bridge between the hacker community
> around Perl6/Parrot and the academic world. [snip]

Sounds like a wonderful idea. :)

> Giving the workshop some content that is relevant to courses at
> Stockholm's university could also bring us lots of students as
> attendees. At least we seem to have the right contacts to make this
> happen.
>
> What do you all think of that?

I'd go for it :)

- Salve

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
sub AUTOLOAD{$AUTOLOAD=~/.*::(\d+)/;seek(DATA,$1,0);print#  Salve Joshua Nilsen