develooper Front page | perl.mvs | Postings from May 2017

Accessing TCPIP.DATA from Perl on os390

From:
Dick Franks
Date:
May 3, 2017 17:34
Subject:
Accessing TCPIP.DATA from Perl on os390
Message ID:
CAKW6Ri5GRz7s9GFvo48xSJoF9pLvTnNqyhoYpgSAuFxLOG4kDw@mail.gmail.com
All,

Is it possible to access the content of TCPIP.DATA and GLOBALTCPIPDATA from
a Perl script?

Where do these files live? Are they readable and parseable?

Alternatively, is there some easy way of interrogating the OS to find the
value associated with an individual parameter name?

I am specifically interested in finding the local DNS nameserver addresses,
searchlist, etc. to provide the default values for Net::DNS so that it
works the same way on all supported platforms.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated, an example, even better.

P.S. I know next to nothing about MVS, so have a strong preference for
succinct and straightforward answers.

Dick Franks