develooper Front page | perl.mvs | Postings from March 2017

Please help: Perl on EBCDIC platforms

From:
Dick Franks
Date:
March 30, 2017 03:54
Please help: Perl on EBCDIC platforms
Message ID:
CAKW6Ri7AQJiBTsBKikwtxYDy8fd1yBy67AYcp=11R=7yXMuHyg@mail.gmail.com
 Recent versions of perldoc perlebcdic suggest that perl is once again a
practical proposition on EBCDIC platforms.

Some years ago I attempted to fulfil a CPAN RT request to add EBCDIC
support to Net::DNS.  This took such a long time to achieve that the
requester had by then disappeared.

The wreckage of that attempt is still present, although untested on real
hardware.  There is little point in it remaining there unless it works.

In order to resolve this issue, one way or the other, I would greatly
appreciate help from someone with access to an EBCDIC machine to conduct a
Net::DNS build and run the test scripts.

Regards

Dick Franks