develooper Front page | perl.mvs | Postings from March 2017

Re: [perl #131057] Perl on EBCDIC platform

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
March 25, 2017 22:49
Re: [perl #131057] Perl on EBCDIC platform
Message ID:
CA+vYcVxAGFc_3m30Ug+2ba9VgdSokX4nQgC5Q9dztaLmDBf3AA@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 3:33 PM, rwfranks@acm.org
<perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  rwfranks@acm.org
>

> Recent versions of perldoc perlebcdic suggest that perl is once again a
> practical proposition on EBCDIC platforms.
>
> Some years ago I attempted to fulfil a CPAN RT request to add EBCDIC
> support to Net::DNS.  This took such a long time to achieve that the
> requester had by then disappeared.
>
> The wreckage of that attempt is still present, although untested on real
> hardware.  There is little point in it remaining there unless it works.
>
> Please can you put me in touch with the owner such a beast who may be
> willing to run the installation tests.
>
> Regards
>

> Dick Franks

Those are not the kind of beasts that I own, but I'm cc'ing the
perl-mvs list as such folks are somewhat more likely to be found there
than on p5p.