develooper Front page | perl.moose | Postings from March 2016

Re: custom accessor_metaclass override of _inline_store (Moose 1 to2)

From:
Buddy Burden
Date:
March 23, 2016 10:46
Re: custom accessor_metaclass override of _inline_store (Moose 1 to2)
Message ID:
56F27408.2080707@gmail.com
Toby,

> All these attributes to which I want to apply this trigger share the same
> trait, so there's a logical association between the two.  Is there a way I
> can utilise this, so I don't have to define 'trigger => ....' for every
> attribute which uses this trait, i.e.  have a trigger built into an
> attribute trait, if that makes sense?

Well, I once put together an attribute trait that creates default subs
(the discussion of which took place on this very list[1]), so I don't
see any reason you couldn't do the same with triggers.  Of course, then
the trick is, is adding a trait to every attribute any better than
adding a trigger to every attribute?  Perhaps you could get around that
by doing something to the metaclass, or perhaps your attributes
_already_ all have a trait that you can piggyback on (I wasn't quite
clear on that part).

Anyway, I hope that discussion has something useful in it, particularly
what I ended up with for my final solution.[2]  I've used that pattern a
few times over the past few years.

		-- Buddy

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/moose@perl.org/msg02318.html
[2] https://www.mail-archive.com/moose@perl.org/msg02341.html