develooper Front page | perl.moose | Postings from July 2015

Re: Benchmarking Moo(se)?

From:
Dave Rolsky
Date:
Re: Benchmarking Moo(se)?
Message ID:
alpine.DEB.2.10.1507250912460.25214@urth.org
On Sat, 25 Jul 2015, Aran Deltac wrote:

> I've updated the benchmarks to use make_immutable.  There was definite improvements for Moose, but none of them were enough to change the
> conclusions.

Well, the difference between Moo and Moose went from orders of magnitude
to percentages in most cases. This is a pretty huge change.

That all said, my experience is that in most applications performance is
not dominated by object creation speed or accessor speed, but rather by
the speed of algorithms and database access.

You'd probably get more performance improvement by changing a particluar
section of code to create fewer objects rather than worrying about Moo vs
moose.

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)