develooper Front page | perl.moose | Postings from July 2015

Re: Benchmarking Moo(se)?

From:
Dave Rolsky
Date:
Re: Benchmarking Moo(se)?
Message ID:
alpine.DEB.2.10.1507242246440.25214@urth.org
On Sat, 25 Jul 2015, Aran Deltac wrote:

> Hey all, I put together some benchmarks:
> https://github.com/bluefeet/Moo-se-Bench
>
> Let me know if you have any ideas/thoughts/criticisms.

You didn't make your Moose classes immutable, which means everything is
going to be very, very, very slow.

Moose makes attribute accessors inline by default, which is why it matches
Moose. If you make the class immutable, constructors are inlined, and I
suspect you'll see the two come much closer together in performance.

That said, immutabilizing makes loading the class even slower.

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)