develooper Front page | perl.moose | Postings from March 2009

Re: summer of code?

From:
Stevan Little
Date:
March 22, 2009 09:44
Re: summer of code?
Message ID:
0E8CD424-4D8F-4583-A569-71991C38958C@iinteractive.com

On Mar 21, 2009, at 11:21 PM, Darren Duncan wrote:
> Yuval Kogman wrote:
>> Hi,
>> http://leto.net/dukeleto.pl/2009/03/tpf-accepted-to-google-summer-of-code-2009.html
>> As a community we're having problems getting bigger Moose related
>> projects
>> off the ground... They tend to be discussed for long until someone
>> finally
>> does them.
>
> What are examples of those?

MooseX::Storage/MooseX::Storage::Directory/KiokuDB - these were more
$work related for me, but had been much mumbling about and discussion
of this topic (object persistence) then finally one of us said "f*ck
it" and just went and wrote it

Devel::Declare/MooseX::Declare - mst started it, got busy with $work
and then rafl has picked it up again and ran with it.

MooseX::Compile/MooseX::Antlers/MooseX::XS - none of these are done,
but they are all attempts to radically how change Moose does its thing.

CataMoose - We have been talking about that since the very early days
of Moose.

Thats about all I can think of off the top of my head, but I am sure
there are more.

- Stevan