develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from September 2021

Re: Ownership transfer request for AFS-Command

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
September 2, 2021 07:03
Re: Ownership transfer request for AFS-Command
Message ID:
9065e489-f76d-424a-93fb-d1ae3bed2cc2@Spark
Hi Jeffrey,
> I realize its been more than three years since the original request was submitted to transfer ownership of "AFS-Command" from WPMOORE to DARIA (daria@cpan.org) or JALTMAN (jaltman@cpan.org). The request appears to have fallen through many cracks. What do we need to do at this point to make the change in ownership happen?

I’m really sorry that this got missed.

Having looked at the permissions on the distribution, I suspect that I wasn’t sure what to do, and then forgot about it. I do know what to do now.

For many years, PAUSE would let someone drop their first-come permissions on modules, leaving them ownerless, which makes it hard to "transfer ownership". We’ve plugged that gap in PAUSE now, but there are some legacy situations.

I have to request some manual database changes, which may take a day or so, then I’ll get back to you. We’ll give DARIA first-come on all modules.