develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from July 2021

Your Data-Properties releases

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
July 14, 2021 11:42
Subject:
Your Data-Properties releases
Message ID:
7f5c1cdb-e7df-454f-9417-4c10361295e1@Spark
Hi Johan,

I’m emailing you wearing my PAUSE admin hat.

You’ve done a few releases of module Data::Properties, including two releases this week.

These aren’t being indexed, because there is already a Data::Properties on CPAN, released by Brian Moseley (PAUSE id: IX) in 2001:
	https://metacpan.org/pod/Data::Properties

You’ve got two options:

1. Contact Brian and ask if he’s happy for you to take on ownership of the namespace. If you go this route, copy your email to the PAUSE admins (modules@perl.org) and you can tell him he just needs to reply-all with a thumbs up, and I’ll make the permissions transfer.
2. Rename your module to something that doesn’t already have an indexing permission against it.