develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from July 2021

Private email alias for custodial accounts

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
July 8, 2021 21:07
Subject:
Private email alias for custodial accounts
Message ID:
aaf8c3c2-fe90-4bce-aa23-c83bcb731b92@Spark
The custodial accounts had their email addresses set to a mixture of things, with some set to modules@perl.org

An upside of this is that if there are a surge of CPAN Testers fails for one of their dists, I see it, and have used this to find someone to adopt a distribution and fix the issue.

But we’ve also had situations where private information got sent to their cpan.org address and ended up archived publicly.

So we’ve set up a dedicated alias, which means that I can still see the fails and do something about it, but nothing will be archived publicly.