develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from June 2021

Re: Failed: PAUSE indexer reportAKHUETTEL/Lab-Measurement-3.751.tar.gz

From:
Neil Bowers via modules
Date:
June 6, 2021 22:31
Re: Failed: PAUSE indexer reportAKHUETTEL/Lab-Measurement-3.751.tar.gz
Message ID:
869d835c-11ca-4b14-b156-3670450b3761@Spark
Hi Andreas,
> > [PAUSE didn’t index Lab::Instrument::LabViewHeater in your release of Lab-Measurement, saying you didn’t have an indexing permission]
> This failure is odd and looks like a bug... The failed module has been partof Lab::Measurement for ages and was not changed during the last releases.
> Any idea what went wrong?

This does look like there might be some bug. Before your 3.751 release, the indexing permissions on that package were:

    Lab::Instrument::LabViewHeater,AKHUETTEL,c
    Lab::Instrument::LabViewHeater,SCHROEER,f

But now they’re listed as

    Lab::Instrument::LabViewHeater,SCHROEER,f

We previously had a bug which manifested a bit like this, but it was fixed last year, and we’ve not seen something like this since. I’ll open a new bug for this.

I’ve put the permission back, and will force a re-indexing on your release right after this email, so we can see if it works this time, or whether your co-maint will disappear again. You’ll get a confirmation of the re-indexing from PAUSE, and then the result of the re-indexing within an hour.