develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from March 2021

Re: Adoption offer: Digest::HMAC

From:
Neil Bowers via modules
Date:
March 29, 2021 09:01
Re: Adoption offer: Digest::HMAC
Message ID:
33eaff3a-9aeb-4776-9006-1f99a1616caa@Spark
Hi Andrew,
> I would be glad to take over Digest::HMAC from GAAS if no one more qualified wants it. I maintain Crypt::PBKDF2, which is one of Digest::HMAC's bigger revdeps, I've been around for a while, and I have no intention of breaking anything. I don't anticipate that Digest::HMAC will require a lot of maintenance (the code is bare-bones to do one simple task, and has gotten by without a release in 10 years) but I will respond to anything that comes up.

Thank you for taking this on. Given your other dists and experience, we don’t have a problem with you adopting it.

Normally the previous maintainer retains co-maint, but in this case Gisle made it clear that he doesn’t want to be contacted about his old distributions, so I’ve dropped his co-maint.

If you’ve time, it would be great if you could do a release fairly soon please, just so it’s listed on CPAN against you and not Gisle.