develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from March 2021

Fwd: CPAN module Data::HexDump

From:
Neil Bowers via modules
Date:
March 27, 2021 10:07
Fwd: CPAN module Data::HexDump
Message ID:
a0f821c1-051a-4f85-88ef-f29b62ac7c08@Spark
Last week I tried to email Fabien Tassin (FTASSIN), the author of Data::HexDump, copying it here:
> Would you be happy for me to have co-maint, or even to take over the first-come permission for your Data::HexDump perl module, which you last released to CPAN in September 1999?
> There are 4 bugs open for it, and it doesn’t follow a number of recent CPAN conventions, but it does have 9 other CPAN distributions dependent on it, so I was wondering if I could take it over, fix the bugs, and release a new version?

This email to his PAUSE address bounced.
There’s another email address in the doc, but that bounced too.
I’ve sent messages to the three Fabien Tassins known to LinkedIn.
So far one has replied, with "I don’t know what you’re talking about" :-)

Given FTASSIN hasn’t released anything since 1999, I think this is fine for a first-come transfer, but I’ll wait a bit longer.
In the meantime, I’m going to do a developer release