develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from March 2021

Re: Failed: PAUSE indexer report SHAY/libapreq2-2.15.tar.gz

From:
Steve Hay via modules
Date:
March 22, 2021 18:12
Re: Failed: PAUSE indexer report SHAY/libapreq2-2.15.tar.gz
Message ID:
CADED=K7Sx_Hgo=1PwS-gCXvNx-zpLqeAjkuFvF-rLMesXt25uw@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 at 16:46, Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 at 13:57, Neil Bowers <neil.bowers@cogendo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > Sorry we hadn’t got back to you before now.
> >
> > The problem here was the "provides" section in META.yml. Because it’s missing the file: line for each module, it’s now considered an invalid metadata file. So CPAN::Meta refuses to load it. When that happens, MetaCPAN construct a new metadata file for the distribution, which ends up pulling all of the packages found in the tarball.
> >
> > You don’t have permissions on all of them (because PAUSE thinks they’re not candidates for indexing).
> >
> > Andreas and I have been emailing back and forth trying to agree the right / best way to resolve this.
> >
> > The cleanest way would be for you to do a new release that has a valid META.yml. If that’s not possible at the moment, Andreas and I will resolve it another way for now, and you can fix META.yml for your next release.
> >

> Ok, thanks.
>
> I've committed a change that I hope will fix the META.yml file when a
> release is next done:
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1887336
>
> And on the previously cited dev@httpd.apache.org list thread I've
> asked about the possibility of making a new release to resolve this
> matter. Hopefully this will occur sooner or later, so we shouldn't
> have to trouble you any more over this.
>
> Thanks again,
> Steve

Just to wrap this all up: libapreq2-2.16 is now uploaded and is
correctly indexed:

https://metacpan.org/release/SHAY/libapreq2-2.16