develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from August 2020

Re: CPAN - resolving split ownership of perl-ldap distribution

From:
Peter Marschall
Date:
August 4, 2020 05:22
Re: CPAN - resolving split ownership of perl-ldap distribution
Message ID:
0FD5B1D8-3B34-475D-8428-53A14D3B6C00@adpm.de
Hi,

Am 31. Juli 2020 21:53:18 MESZ schrieb Neil Bowers <neil.bowers@cogendo.com>:
>I’m one of the PAUSE admins, and I’m sorting out situations where CPAN
>distributions have split ownership, as it can result in parts of
>releases not getting indexed, and then when transferring permissions,
>modules get missed. PAUSE tries to not let this happen now, but there
>are some historical cases, which I’m working through. The perl-ldap
>distribution is one such case.
>
>It appears that GBARR did releases from 1998 through 2011, and then
>MARSCHAP has done releases since then. As a result, GBARR has
>first-come permissions on most of the packages, and MARSCHAP has
>first-come on most of the rest. PLDAP has first-come on Net::LDAP, and
>you both have co-maint.
>
>It seems like there are two options here:
>
>1. Give first-come on all packages to PLDAP, and co-maint to both of
>you. Is the Perl LDAP mailing list at all active these days?
>2. Give first-come on all packages MARSCHAP, drop PLDAP, and if GBARR
>wants to have co-maint, make sure he has co-maint on everything.
>
>Option (2) looks the most likely to me, but what do you two think?

With my non-knowledge of PAUSE, I need to trust your assessment 😀.
As there is not much going on on the perl-ldap mailing list these days, I concur that option (2) sounds preferable.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de>