develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from August 2020

CPAN - ownership of Module-CPANTS-Analyse

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
August 2, 2020 18:17
Subject:
CPAN - ownership of Module-CPANTS-Analyse
Message ID:
c24ca38d-267e-43db-956e-5376532f6720@Spark
Hi Thomas,

I’m one of the PAUSE admins, and I’m working through distributions that have split ownership, typically caused because releasers with co-maint added new packages, and in the past PAUSE would give them first-come on the new package. PAUSE now tries to ensure consistent permissions, so I’m working through the historical cases[1]. Module-CPANTS-Analyse is one of them.

You have first-come on most packages in Module-CPANTS-Analyse, including the lead module Module::CPANTS::Analyse.

Ishigaki-san has first-come on Module::CPANTS::Kwalitee::Signature, but he’s also done all releases since 2013, so I wonder if it would make sense to transfer first-come on all packages to Ishigaki-san, so he can manage co-maints etc going forward?

If you’re happy with this, I can make the changes for you.

[1] http://neilb.org/2020/07/24/inconsistent-permissions.html