develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from August 2020

CPAN =?utf-8?Q?=E2=80=94_?=problems with the manish-db distribution

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
August 1, 2020 17:43
Subject:
CPAN =?utf-8?Q?=E2=80=94_?=problems with the manish-db distribution
Message ID:
c8dadb14-38ff-41b8-a523-a02d86eaef0e@Spark
Hi Manish,

I’m one of the PAUSE admins, and I’m looking at distributions that have strange patterns of permissions.

Your manish-db distribution contains a lot of modules that belong to other people, which is why they’re listed as unauthorized on MetaCPAN:
    https://metacpan.org/release/manish-db

I am going to schedule deletion of the releases of this, and will free up the associated permissions, as installing this could break things if the user has installed later versions of any of the modules in manish-db.