develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from August 2020

CPAN - making the first-come permissions on CPU-Z80-Assemblerconsistent

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
August 1, 2020 17:43
Subject:
CPAN - making the first-come permissions on CPU-Z80-Assemblerconsistent
Message ID:
a2f7fba4-ee6b-4cce-a808-92c98838019f@Spark
Hi David,

I’m mailing you wearing my PAUSE admin hat. I’m sorting out distributions that have fractured ownership, as PAUSE tries to not let this happen now[1].

In 2008 you released CPU::Z80::Assembler to CPAN, and got the first-come indexing permission. Since then PCUST has been regularly doing releases, and he has first-come on the other 14 packages that he’s subsequently added to the distribution.

Officially you’re the overall owner, as you have first-come on the lead module, but I’m wondering if you’d be happy for me to transfer your first-come to PCUST, as he’s been maintaining it for the last 12 years?

[1] http://neilb.org/2020/07/24/inconsistent-permissions.html