develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from August 2020

CPAN - resolving clashes in the CPAN index

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
August 1, 2020 17:43
Subject:
CPAN - resolving clashes in the CPAN index
Message ID:
e618e08c-21ca-4dff-b017-5b0f2b5af37e@Spark
Hi Sherzod,

I’m one of the PAUSE admins, and I’m working through some historical anomalies in PAUSE. Recent changes to PAUSE stop these happening, so I’m trying to tidy up the existing cases.

For example, in your Class-PObject distribution you renamed the DB_File class to db_file, and which PAUSE now handles this just fine, at the time they were treated as two different classes, and so much end up indexed:

    Class::PObject::Driver::DB_File  2.00  S/SH/SHERZODR/Class-PObject-2.05.tar.gz
    Class::PObject::Driver::db_file  2.01  S/SH/SHERZODR/Class-PObject-2.17.tar.gz

The same issue affects a number of modules in the CGI-Session distribution.

This can easily be resolved by deleting the old releases from your author directory on PAUSE. This is something I can do for you.

Are you happy for me to schedule deletion of your old releases of Class-PObject and CGI-Session please?

Thanks,