develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from July 2020

Re: CPAN - ownership of the Git-Wrapper distribution

From:
Dieter Pearcey
Date:
Re: CPAN - ownership of the Git-Wrapper distribution
Message ID:
CAKdfNL1qOJpGxYjMtGdzknZCzZyRoh=ZLKsB-M2ZQVcNBD_PLA@mail.gmail.com
--0000000000007397aa05abc4473d

Yes, thanks.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020, 6:15 PM Neil Bowers <neil.bowers@cogendo.com> wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> I=E2=80=99m one of the PAUSE admins, and I=E2=80=99m sorting out situatio=
ns where CPAN
> distributions have split ownership, as it can result in parts of releases
> not getting indexed, and then when transferring permissions, modules get
> missed. PAUSE tries to not let this happen now, but there are some
> historical cases, which I=E2=80=99m working through. The Git-Wrapper dist=
ribution
> is one such case.
>
> You have the first-come permission on some of the packages in Git-Wrapper
> distribution, and GENEHACK has first-come on the rest. It looks like you
> handed maintenance on Git-Wrapper over to Chris Prather (PERIGRIN), and h=
> handed it on to John Anderson (GENEHACK), who been releasing it since 201=
1.

> It seems like to best thing to do here is to hand all of the first-come
> permissions to GENEHACK, with you and PERIGRIN keeping co-maint. Are you =
ok
> with that?
>
> Thanks,
> Neil

--0000000000007397aa05abc4473d

=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Jul 31, 2020, 6:15 PM Neil Bowers &lt=
;<a href=3D"mailto:neil.bowers@cogendo.com">neil.bowers@cogendo.com</a>&gt;=
 wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8=
ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

I=E2=80=99m one of the PAUSE admins, and I=E2=80=99m sorting out situations=
 where CPAN distributions have split ownership, as it can result in parts o=
f releases not getting indexed, and then when transferring permissions, mod=
ules get missed. PAUSE tries to not let this happen now, but there are some=
 historical cases, which I=E2=80=99m working through. The Git-Wrapper distr=
ibution is one such case.<br>
You have the first-come permission on some of the packages in Git-Wrapper d=
istribution, and GENEHACK has first-come on the rest. It looks like you han=
ded maintenance on Git-Wrapper over to Chris Prather (PERIGRIN), and he han=
ded it on to John Anderson (GENEHACK), who been releasing it since 2011.<br=

It seems like to best thing to do here is to hand all of the first-come per=
missions to GENEHACK, with you and PERIGRIN keeping co-maint. Are you ok wi=
th that?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Neil<br></div>

--0000000000007397aa05abc4473d--