develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from July 2020

CPAN - ownership of the Git-Wrapper distribution

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
July 31, 2020 22:15
Subject:
CPAN - ownership of the Git-Wrapper distribution
Message ID:
47050c12-94cf-4d31-a64a-c02f814229c8@Spark
Hi Hans,

I’m one of the PAUSE admins, and I’m sorting out situations where CPAN distributions have split ownership, as it can result in parts of releases not getting indexed, and then when transferring permissions, modules get missed. PAUSE tries to not let this happen now, but there are some historical cases, which I’m working through. The Git-Wrapper distribution is one such case.

You have the first-come permission on some of the packages in Git-Wrapper distribution, and GENEHACK has first-come on the rest. It looks like you handed maintenance on Git-Wrapper over to Chris Prather (PERIGRIN), and he handed it on to John Anderson (GENEHACK), who been releasing it since 2011.

It seems like to best thing to do here is to hand all of the first-come permissions to GENEHACK, with you and PERIGRIN keeping co-maint. Are you ok with that?

Thanks,