develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from July 2020

CPAN - resolving first-come permissions on Algorithm-Diff

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
July 30, 2020 21:49
Subject:
CPAN - resolving first-come permissions on Algorithm-Diff
Message ID:
69469f94-10a9-4663-93a1-b038107d314b@Spark
Hi,

I’m one of the PAUSE admins, and I’m working on resolving distributions where multiple people hold first-come permissions on packages that make up the distribution. One of these is the Algorithm-Diff distribution. It’s a bit complicated, so please bear with me.

MJD did the first 5 releases, then NEDKONZ did 6 releases, and then TYEMQ did 3 releases.

Curiously, we’re now in the situation where ANDREWC has first-come on Algorithm::Diff, and NEDKONZ and TYEMQ both have co-maint.

But ANDREWC has never done a release of Algorithm-Diff; he has Algorithm::Diff::Apply, so I’m wondering Andrew, at some point did you include Algorithm::Diff in one of your releases?

Algorithm::DiffOld was included in earlier releases of Algorithm-Diff, and still appears in the CPAN Index, because NEDKONZ has old releases in his author directory. I think we can get rid of this — see below.

Algorithm::Diff::_impl has first-come assigned to TYEMQ, and was included in recent releases. But no co-maint.

Here’s what I suspect are the steps to clarify things:

• Delete the old releases from  NEDKONZ’s author directory on PAUSE. I can do that for you Ned, if you’re happy with that?
• Once they’re gone, I’ll drop the first-come on Algorithm::DiffOld
• Transfer first-come on Algorithm::Diff from ANDREWC to TYEMQ.
• If NEDKONZ still wants co-maint on this distribution, then add co-maint for him to Algorithm::Diff::_impl
• I note as well that Algorithm::Diff could do with a bit of attention. Tye: If you don’t have the time or inclination to maintain it, would you be happy for me to try and find an appropriate maintainer? There are quite a few CPAN distributions dependent on Algorithm-Diff, so we’d be careful on who we’d consider appropriate.

How does the above sound?

Thanks,