develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from July 2020

Re: Module::AutoLoad issues

From:
Andreas Koenig
Date:
Re: Module::AutoLoad issues
Message ID:
87o8nyrf1v.fsf@k85.linux.bogus

  > Hey Andreas,
  > I'm getting hounded with complaints about my Module::AutoLoad suddenly
  > not working [...]

Hi Rob,

first of all, please accept my apologies. I was intending to write to
you immediately, but then got distracted and found the open case again a
bit late.

I've now brought Module-AutoLoad-0.06.tar.gz back to your directory and
made your account active again. But the module is not indexed anymore. I
hope this works for you.

As a way forward I'm leaning to suggest something that protects your
fellow CPAN users from accidentally running into it again and/or
something that reduces the potential to get people nervous and maybe
also reduces the amount of required hacking when things go wrong next
time.

I think whatever meets such criteria should be good enough. I'm thinking
of something like a disclaimer like when you sell a heating you're
required to tell the customer that they have to be careful because the
device gets hot when deployed. Otherwise *they* get a chance to ruin
*your* day. In other words, better err on the side of caution.

Sorry for the late answer and I hope this all now works again both for
you and the rest of the community for at least the next ten years.

Greetings from Berlin,
--
andreas