develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from July 2020

CPAN - making ownership of Test-Deep distribution consistent

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
July 28, 2020 21:46
Subject:
CPAN - making ownership of Test-Deep distribution consistent
Message ID:
7348c9fb-3b3a-4b43-b7fe-618013a9d8b5@Spark
Hi Fergal,

I’m one of the PAUSE admins, and I’m working on resolving situations where two or more people own parts of a distribution. PAUSE tries hard now to make sure this doesn’t happen, but there are some historical cases that we’re tidying up.

You original released Test::Deep, but since 2010 Rik Signes has been maintaining it. As a result you both have partial ownership of the distribution.

Given that Rik is still actively maintaining it, would you be happy for me to transfer ownership to Rik, so he has full ownership? You would retain co-maint.

PS this is the only distribution where you have partial ownership — the rest you have the first-come permission on all packages.