develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from July 2020

CPAN: your first-come permission on Email::Store::Addressing

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
CPAN: your first-come permission on Email::Store::Addressing
Message ID:
62fb2e1f-a189-459f-9f76-6625809abfad@Spark
Hi Casey,

I’m one of the PAUSE admins, and I’m working through cases where a distribution has multiple people holding the first-come indexing permission on one or more packages in a distribution. PAUSE tries to not let this happen nowadays, but there are historical cases to resolve.

One such is Buscador, which was released by Simon Wistow back in 2005. You don’t seem to have ever done a release of it, but you have first-come on Email::Store::Addressing, which is included. I’m guessing maybe you had this in a different distribution before this?

Anyway, are you happy for me to transfer your first-come to SIMONW, with you getting co-maint, or maybe dropping all perms for you, since you don’t have an indexing permission on most of the packages in Buscador?