develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from May 2019

Re: Ilya, MP3::TAG vs MP3::Tag

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
May 8, 2019 14:21
Re: Ilya, MP3::TAG vs MP3::Tag
Message ID:
275BA0C1-C2DD-44B5-BC81-44C2B7796F94@cogendo.com
Hi Andreas,

I meant to look into this at PTS, but somehow …

> Can you still reconstruct what your intention was? Or do you know what
> we should do now to resolve this TAG vs Tag issue? Ilya says it is not a
> showstopper but actually we still have something to do if it pops up
> again.

The problem was that THOGEE and ILYAZ had clashing modules, due to case insensitivity.

When I cleaned up the permissions, I assumed that the index table would get cleaned up as I went along. It doesn’t.

During PTS Rick and I looked at the query which causes this clash — basically an assumption there there will only be one entry in the index table for a given (case-insensitive) package name.

In this case, the problem is that the index contains:

    MP3::Tag::ID3v       1.12  I/IL/ILYAZ/modules/MP3-Tag-1.13.tar.gz
    MP3::TAG::ID3v2     undef  T/TH/THOGEE/tagged-0.1.tar.gz

The right thing to do is to delete the second entry; i.e. the one for MP3::TAG::ID3v2

There are a bunch of other cases like this. I’ll produce a list of index entries that need deleting.