develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from May 2019

Re: PAUSE permissions clash between URPM and urpm [TVIGNAUD]

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
May 2, 2019 14:37
Re: PAUSE permissions clash between URPM and urpm [TVIGNAUD]
Message ID:
F70ADDE6-7F6C-4E19-8167-AFF65128E80F@cogendo.com
>> Once our proposed change is released, then PAUSE would index whichever of URPM and urpm was most recently released. If you’d prefer that URPM is the module that’s always indexed, you could just ensure that the “urpm” module is never indexed. The easiest way for you to achieve this would be for you to add the following to the META_MERGE clause in Makefile.PL for that distribution:
>>
>>        no_index => {
>>            package   => [ ‘urpm'],
>>        },
>
> Would that only prevent indexing urpm.pm but not urpm/*.pm?
> Eg: urpm::cfg would still be indexed?

Correct — only urpm.pm wouldn’t be indexed; all of the other urpm::* packages would still be indexed.