develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from May 2019

Re: PAUSE permissions clash between URPM and urpm [TVIGNAUD]

From:
Thierry Vignaud
Date:
May 2, 2019 00:09
Re: PAUSE permissions clash between URPM and urpm [TVIGNAUD]
Message ID:
CAONrEtZhocEwU80D_8PA_Cp6LAWQZyXxjX7x6EtjnWY-kVCnAg@mail.gmail.com
Le mer. 1 mai 2019 à 10:41, Neil Bowers <neil.bowers@cogendo.com> a écrit :

> Hi Thierry,
>
> >> Do you know how people are likely to install your distributions? Will they do it using a CPAN client, or using a linux package? Even if you believe most people will install from linux packages, we still want the most likely behaviour to work on CPAN as well.
> >
> > They usually got installed as RPM packages (resp perl-URPM & urpmi)
>
> Good to know, thanks.
>

> >> Once our proposed change is released, then PAUSE would index whichever of URPM and urpm was most recently released. If you’d prefer that URPM is the module that’s always indexed, you could just ensure that the “urpm” module is never indexed. The easiest way for you to achieve this would be for you to add the following to the META_MERGE clause in Makefile.PL for that distribution: [no_index example]
> >
> > I guess another solution would be to:
> > 1) renale urpm as urpmi
> > 2) make it provides a dummy urpmi.pm module so that CPAN is haoppy
> > (like I did in rpmtools-7.10)
> >
> > WDYT?
>
> That’s even better: if you rename urpm.pm (in the urpmi distribution) to be urpmi, then the main module in the distribution will match the distribution name, something that PAUSE requires for new distributions.

Sorry I miswrite:
I wouldn't rename urpm.pm to urpmi.pm (that would break a lot of
existing software),
I only plan to provide a urpmi.pm stub module)