develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from May 2019

Re: PAUSE permissions clash between URPM and urpm [TVIGNAUD]

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
May 1, 2019 12:18
Re: PAUSE permissions clash between URPM and urpm [TVIGNAUD]
Message ID:
EF50DAD1-2ECD-4F54-99AD-8F334EC102B2@cogendo.com
> Sorry I miswrite:
> I wouldn't rename urpm.pm to urpmi.pm (that would break a lot of
> existing software),
> I only plan to provide a urpmi.pm stub module)

Ah, ok.

This will still result in the CPAN Index only including whichever of URPM and urpm was most recently released.

If you’re not really that bothered which of them is indexed (for example if you think it unlikely that people will try and install these via a CPAN client), then you could leave things as they are. If you think it more likely that someone will try and install URPM via “cpan URPM” rather than someone trying to install the urpmi distribution via “cpan urpm”, then we’d recommend you add the no_index clause to the Makefile.PL, as outlined in a previous email.