develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from March 2019

Re: Apache::DB (not longer working) fix

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
March 5, 2019 09:01
Re: Apache::DB (not longer working) fix
Message ID:
01EEB46F-39C5-4111-8476-A4389CF91BDD@cogendo.com
Hi Dirk,

> Apache::DB is no longer working for Perl >= v5.21.5 . Broken in commit [perl #122445] use magic on $DB::single etc to avoid overload issues)
> I uploaded a fix to cpan (https://metacpan.org/release/LZE/Apache-DB-0.15 <https://metacpan.org/release/LZE/Apache-DB-0.15>
> ), but will be UNAUTHORIZED.
> Could you give me  Maintainer  access.  I got an answer  from Frank Wiles and he  haven't used Perl in many many years. Follow correspondence attached and forwarded.

I was about to give you co-maint, but noticed an anomaly: The Apache-DB distribution contains three packages; Apache::DB has first come assigned to the APML user, which is in fact a mailing list, and the other two have first come assigned to DOUGM (Doug MacEachern).

Doug: are you happy for me to give co-maint, or even first-come, on Apache::DProf and Apache::SmallProf to Dirk?

Hopefully we can give you first-come on all three packages Dirk, so there’s a single “owner” going forward.