develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from June 2018

[Dmitry Karasik] problems with modules@perl.org and taking overabandoned modules

From:
Andreas Koenig
Date:
June 24, 2018 18:23
Subject:
[Dmitry Karasik] problems with modules@perl.org and taking overabandoned modules
Message ID:
87muvkyrfa.fsf@k85.linux.bogus

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 15:19:43 +0200
From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>
To: andreas.koenig.7os6vvqr@franz.ak.mind.de
Subject: problems with modules@perl.org and taking over abandoned modules

Dear Andreas,

I wonder if you could help me with me trying to take over an abandoned perl module
where the author's email is abandoned as well. I was trying to to subscribe to
modules@perl.org, but neither my subscription mails nor normal mail with the the question
seem to go through. The module in question is MojoX-JSON-RPC, and I'll also paste the reasoning
from original mail below.

---------------

Dear all,

MojoX-JSON-RPC is in state where it is two years as the author doesn't answer neither RT not github pull requests.
There'a trivial bug for newer Mojolicious version, and many people (10, actually), forked this project on github [1]
just for that bugfix sake. When I found this because I also bumped into the problem, I don't think it would be wise to
be a #11 here, so I'd like to initiate a friendly take-over, or a co-maint take-over, so that I can patch the module
and finally release the bugfix.

Hope that make sense,
Dmitry

[1] https://github.com/henryykt/MojoX-JSON-RPC/network