develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from April 2018

Re: Module Chart::Plotl is installed instead of Sys::CPU

From:
Andreas Koenig
Date:
Re: Module Chart::Plotl is installed instead of Sys::CPU
Message ID:
871sfw2686.fsf@k85.linux.bogus

  > Dear CPAN team,
  > I have an issue with Sys::CPU installation. Chart::Plotly was
  > installed instead of it:

 >> cpanm Sys::CPU
 --> Working on Sys::CPU
  > Fetching
  > http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/P/PA/PABLROD/Chart-Plotly-0.014.tar.gz

Dear Oleksandr,

I'm sorry, the incorrect indexing was triggered by an as of yet
undiagnosed bug. We're on it to fix this ASAP.

So much I can say for sure now: Sys::CPU was correctly unindexed on Nov
12, 2017 because it was removed by its maintainer, MZSANFORD. You can
find the release on the backpan, as
http://backpan.perl.org/authors/id/M/MZ/MZSANFORD/Sys-CPU-0.61.tar.gz

The index has been repaired and will soon propagate to other sites
without the wrong pointer to Chart-Plotly.

Thanks for letting us know and sorry again for the inconvenience,
--
andreas